Thank you. Your name has been added to our subscriber list.
Notice of Contractual Provisions
- General: This Notice of Contractual Provisions (“Notice”) sets forth the terms and conditions under which Aviation Advantage, Inc. d/b/a TripSaver.com (''we'' or “TripSaver”) agrees to provide you (''you'' or ''Participant'') with transportation in return for payment of the amount indicated as the total price on your itinerary. This Notice outlines the responsibilities of TripSaver, the airline and the passenger. Flights are scheduled service operated by AirTran Airways (“AirTran”).
- Responsibility: For tickets purchased directly from TripSaver, TripSaver is responsible for the ticket price, passenger funds, itinerary changes, cancellations, and refunds. The airline is responsible for the air transportation, baggage handling and related services. Neither TripSaver nor its employees assumes responsibility for any claim, action, cause of action, injuries, losses or damages arising from the actions of third-party contractors supplying services, including but not limited to reservations, missed connections, lost or stolen items or baggage, costs or expenses arising out of injury, accident or death, quarantine, disturbances, governmental restrictions or regulations, damage, delay of baggage or other property, inconveniences, loss of enjoyment, loss of pay, disappointment, mechanical breakdown, government action, strike, lockouts, war, terrorism, weather, acts of God, force majeure, or other factors or cause beyond its control.
- Reservations and Payment: Reservations may be made directly by calling 1-877-235-9768 or online at www.tripsaver.com. Full payment is due at the time of booking and is nonrefundable. You have the right, however, to receive a copy of this Notice prior to making payment. Credit card is the only form of payment accepted, which is processed automatically. TripSaver does not accept cash or checks. Any cancellation must be received at least one hour prior to departure, and there is a $50 fee per passenger to cancel a reservation. The remaining balance will be placed in a credit file, which may be used for future bookings for up to one year from the date of the original booking. Failure to cancel reservations one hour prior to departure will result in the forfeiture of the full amount paid. All tickets are non-refundable, and a $50 fee per person applies to any change made after purchase, plus any applicable increase in airfare. Participants not sure of which flight they may want also have the option of placing unused airfare in a credit file for one year from the date of the original itinerary booking, for a fee of $50.
- Price: The price quoted to you includes scheduled air transportation for the itinerary booked with TripSaver’s reservations department. Advertised fares include the 7.5% Federal Excise Tax but do not include the $3.70 Federal Segment Tax. The latter will be imposed on each flight segment of your itinerary. A flight segment is defined as a takeoff and a landing. Advertised fares also do not include airport Passenger Facility Charges of up to $18.00 per round trip, depending on itinerary, and the September 11th Security Fee of up to $10.00 per round-trip. These taxes and fees are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time of purchase. You are responsible for all incidental expenses during your trip. No refund will be made for services included in the price that you voluntarily do not use.
- Airport Check-in: AirTran recommends that passengers arrive at the airport 120 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of their flight. Due to security requirements, passengers and their baggage will not be accepted at the ticket counter less than 45 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of their flight (some smaller airports may accept baggage up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled departure time). See AirTran Airways' Contract of Carriage for specific airport check-in requirements. Customers must present themselves at the flight departure gate no later than ten minutes prior to the scheduled departure of their flight. Failure to comply will cause the customer to lose their reservation and, if so, they will not be eligible for denied boarding compensation or refund.
- Overbooking of Flights: AirTran flights may be overbooked, and there is a slight chance that a seat will not be available on a flight for which a person has a confirmed reservation. If the flight is overbooked, no passenger will be denied a seat until airline personnel first ask for volunteers willing to give up their reservations in exchange for a payment of the airline's choosing. If there are not enough volunteers, the airline will deny boarding in accordance with its particular boarding policy. With few exceptions, persons denied boarding involuntarily are entitled to compensation. The complete rules for the payment of compensation and each airline's boarding priorities are available at all airport ticket counters and boarding locations of the airline.
- Baggage Acceptance: Each passenger is limited to one carry-on bag and one personal item as unchecked baggage. A personal item may consist of a handbag, umbrella, coat, camera, reading material, infant food, briefcase or laptop computer. Carry–on baggage must be placed under the seat in front of the customer or in the overhead bin. Checked Baggage - First Checked Bag: A Bag fee for the first checked bag of $10 per segment applies within the size and weight limitations. Second Checked Bag: for all coach class reservations, there is a charge for a second checked bag of $25 within size and weight limitations. Active military personnel traveling with ID and official orders, will have their first, second, and third bag fees waived, in addition to oversize and overweight fees for those three bags. The bags must not exceed a total of 100 pounds or 80 inches each. Standard baggage fees will apply for all bags checked in excess of three. Excess Baggage: there will be a $50 charge per piece for each checked bag in excess of the first two bags. Overweight Baggage: an overweight charge will be assessed for each checked bag weighing more than 50 pounds. Baggage in excess of 100 pounds will not be accepted. Oversize Baggage: an oversize charge will be assessed for each checked bag with overall dimensions (length + width + height) between 62 and 80 inches. Baggage in excess of 80 inches will not be accepted. When checking oversize items, please arrive at the airport no later than 90 minutes prior to departure time to allow enough time for your baggage to be screened before proceeding through security. Sporting equipment such as bicycles and surfboards will be transported for a nominal charge. Contact TripSaver at 1-877-235-9768 for more information. Regulations require name identification to be placed on the outside of each checked article.
- Baggage Liability: AirTran will not be responsible for money, jewelry, cameras, video and electronic equipment, personal computers, silverware, negotiable documents, securities, business documents, samples, paintings, antiques, artifacts, manuscripts, furs, irreplaceable books, publications or similar valuables contained in checked baggage. Fragile articles and perishables are accepted as checked baggage only at the customer's risk. Claims for delayed baggage must be submitted to AirTran within 4 hours of arrival. Claims for damaged and/or pilfered baggage must be submitted to AirTran within 24 hours. Notice may be provided within 24 hours of arrival if claimant establishes he/she was unable to give notice at the airport for good cause. Good cause will be determined at the sole discretion of AirTran. Liability for loss, delay, or damage is limited unless a higher value is declared in advance and additional charges are paid. Although excess valuation may be declared on certain types of articles, AirTran's liability for lost, damaged or delayed baggage is limited to $3,300 per fare-paying customer for travel solely between U.S. points. AirTran Airways assumes no liability for fragile, valuable or perishable items transported to, from or within the U.S. Any damage or loss by AirTran to the assistive device of a passenger with a disability will be compensated per the requirements of the U.S. Department of Transportation’s regulations, Part 382 –Nondiscrimination on the Basis of Disability in Air Travel.
- Customer Service: TripSaver is committed to quality service. In the unlikely event that you have cause for dissatisfaction during your trip, please write TripSaver at 1755 The Exchange, Suite 230, Atlanta, GA 30339 or call 1-877-235-9768 between 8:00 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday to discuss the problem with a Customer Service Representative. Baggage problems must be reported to AirTran as set out above. If after discussing the matter with a Customer Service Representative, you believe you still have a valid complaint, you must send a written account of your complaint within 30 days of your return. TripSaver will process complaints sent in writing within that time.
- Air Transportation: Flights are scheduled service operated by AirTran Airways. Aviation Advantage Inc. d/b/a TripSaver.com, headquartered at 1755 The Exchange, Suite 230, Atlanta, Georgia 30339, is authorized by AirTran to sell seats on AirTran flights. AirTran operates Boeing 717-200 (12 Business Class, 105 Coach seats) and Boeing 737-700 (12 Business Class, 125 Coach seats) aircraft. TripSaver and AirTran reserve the right to substitute another air carrier or to change the aircraft type, capacity, or routing and do not guarantee single plane or non-stop service. Times shown in timetables and elsewhere are not guaranteed. Schedules are subject to change without notice. No refunds or compensation will be given for such substitutions or changes.
- Miscellaneous: The rights and remedies made available under these contractual terms are in addition to any of the rights and remedies available under Georgia law. By completing a purchase of air transportation from TripSaver, you specifically acknowledge and consent to all conditions set forth herein. This Notice contains the entire agreement between the parties, and it supersedes any prior written or oral agreements or representations. Any oral representations or modifications shall have no force or effect. Georgia law shall govern this Notice. Any claim against TripSaver must be presented in writing within 30 days of the date of your return flight.
- Acknowledgement: Passenger acknowledges that he or she has received, read and understood the provisions of this Notice. When paying by credit card, passenger additionally accepts all terms and conditions of the card issuer agreement.